May 02, 2017
Today at Trinity Cathedral:
Piano and the Three Sopranos
Sopranos Rosella Ewing, Stephanie Smittle, and Anna Squire join forces with world-renowned concert pianist Tatiana Roitman for an evening of vocal and piano works from the Gilded Age sung in French, English, and German: art songs by Duparc, Fauré, and Debussy, Samuel Barber's Hermit Songs, and the monumental and powerful Rückert-Lieder of Gustav Mahler, interspersed with a selection of Frederic Chopin's Waltzes for piano. This is certainly not a program to be missed. Tickets are $20 (free with student ID) and are available online or at the door.
Wednesday at Trinity Cathedral:
Melva Davis' Funeral will be held at the Cathedral Wednesday at 10:00 a.m.
Cherub Choir at 4:30 p.m.
Eucharist with Healing at 5:05 p.m.
Dinner 5:15 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
Tower Bell Ringers at 6:00 p.m.
Seraphim Choir at 6:15 p.m.
Classes for all ages at 6:15 p.m.
A Study of the First Epistle of St. John (Baker Parlor) - Are you interested in knowing more about what is meant by being "born again," the origin of "God is love," or the identity of the "antichrist"? These are some of the topics we'll be discussing during a six-week study of the First Epistle of St. John. Facilitated by George Harper.
- Pilgrimage Preparation Class (Morrison Hall) - In this six-week series, those who will participate in our 2017 pilgrimage to England will receive both logistical details of our travels and also an orientation to the sites we will be visiting. Others are welcome to attend.
- Education for Ministry (EfM) will meet in the Iona Room.
For more information on class offerings and their locations, please visit the Formation section on our website.
Sunday at Trinity Cathedral:
Preaching this Sunday: The Rev. Canon Dr. J. Russell Snapp
Sunday Adult Formation:
- The Dean's Class will be led by Mercedes Clements. She will talk about Education for Ministry (EfM) and why you may want to sign up.
- Living the Questions will not meet this week. Dr. Johnston is out of town.
- Foundations in Christian Faith: The Spring Adult Confirmation Class will meet in the Cathedral House Conference Room at 10:15 a.m. Bishop Benfield will be at Trinity for confirmation at the Feast of Pentecost, June 4. This class, taught by the Cathedral Clergy, is for adults preparing for baptism, confirmation, or renewal of their baptismal vows, and also for those who would like a tune-up or refresher in the basic beliefs and practices of Christians in the Anglican tradition.
- Parents Group will meet each Sunday at 10:15 a.m. in Lower Mitchell House. Looking for a place to share the joys and trials of parenting? Join us to share knowledge, be creative, and exchange ideas and strategies for parenting. This is a time to network, socialize, and encourage one another. Babies welcome! Feel free to join us anytime. Questions? Contact Mercedes Clements - email@example.com.
Children's Formation meets at 10:10 a.m. for all ages. It's never too late to join. You can find more on Children's Formation here.
Baby Shower for Leigh & Jana Jacobs this Sunday at 10:30 a.m. in Baker Parlor.
EYC Convocation Cookout - It’s the Spring Convocation Cookout at Murray Park! We will meet from 4-6:30 at Pavilion #8 for food, fellowship, and fun with other Little Rock area Episcopal youth. Watch the newsletter for additional details.
Evensong will continue this Sunday at 4:00 p.m. in the Chancel. Immediately following Evensong, social time featuring British tea and other light refreshments will be held in Baker Parlor. A brief liturgy of Holy Communion will also be offered in the chapel after.