Policy of the Vestry on Burial
Trinity Episcopal Cathedral
A portion of the grounds of Trinity Cathedral has been designated as a place for the burial of ashes. The guidelines for burial are these:
- Burial may be made of the ashes of persons who are baptized members of Trinity Cathedral Parish, other Episcopalians, members of the family of members of the parish, and when deemed appropriate other persons whom it is wished to have a burial service according to the liturgical forms of this Church. If there is any question about the appropriateness of a proposed burial, the Rector will make the final decision.
- Burial will be made either before or during the graveside service by placing the ashes directly in the grave. No container will be used for the ashes.
- The site of burial will be determined by the plan made for the order of placement of graves.
- Individual graves will not be marked or identified.
- The name of the person and the dates of birth and death may be added to the bronze plaque identifying the persons buried in the churchyard if that is the wish of the family of the deceased.
- There will be no charge for preparing and filling graves. The cost of adding names to the plaques is to be borne by the family or others who have arranged for the burial.