February 28, 2017
Tuesday at Trinity Cathedral:
Mardi Gras Celebration and Gumbo Cook-off
Shrove Tuesday, February 28, 2017 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. in Chancellors’ Hall. Join us for food, fun, fellowship, & music by the Dave Rosen Band. There will be pancakes, gumbo, face painting, cotton candy, a bounce house and more, so "Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler!"
Ash Wednesday at Trinity Cathedral:
Eucharist 7:30 a.m. in the Chancel
Eucharist 12:15 p.m. in the Cathedral
Dinner 5:15 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
Eucharist 6:30 p.m. in the Cathedral
No classes or choirs this Wednesday.
Sunday at Trinity Cathedral:
Preaching this Sunday: The Rev. Canon Dr. J. Russell Snapp
Sunday Adult Formation:
- The Dean's Class will be “Our Collect: My Story.” Dr. Keller and Dr. Ann Hedge-Carruthers team up for a Lenten series that connects beautiful prayer book collects with our personal lives and times.
- Living the Questions will meet in the Library/Lounge at 10:15 a.m. to discuss "What is missing from the 10 Commandments?"
- Inwardly Digest meets at 10:15 a.m. in the Bishop's Conference Room. Inwardly Digest is a 10-week study of how to use The Book of Common Prayer as a guide to spiritual life, led by the Rev. Deb Cooper and Randy Irwin.
- Foundations in Christian Faith: The Spring Adult Confirmation Class will meet in the Cathedral House Conference Room at 10:15 a.m. Bishop Benfield will be at Trinity for confirmation at the Feast of Pentecost, June 4. This class, taught by the Cathedral Clergy, is for adults preparing for baptism, confirmation, or renewal of their baptismal vows, and also for those who would like a tune-up or refresher in the basic beliefs and practices of Christians in the Anglican tradition.
Children's Formation meets at 10:10 a.m. for all ages. It's never too late to join. You can find more on Children's Formation here.
- Youth (Grades 6-12) will meet in Lower Mitchell during the formation hour.
EYC will meet with the Dean in the Conference Room: Middle School at 5:00 p.m., High School at 6:00 p.m.
Evensong will continue this Sunday at 4:00 p.m. in the Chancel. Immediately following Evensong, social time featuring British tea and other light refreshments will be held in Baker Parlor. A brief liturgy of Holy Communion will also be offered in the chapel after.