April 25, 2017
Wednesday at Trinity Cathedral:
Cherub Choir at 4:30 p.m.
Eucharist with Healing at 5:05 p.m.
Dinner 5:15 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
Tower Bell Ringers at 6:00 p.m.
Seraphim Choir at 6:15 p.m.
Classes for all ages at 6:15 p.m.
A Study of the First Epistle of St. John (Baker Parlor) - Are you interested in knowing more about what is meant by being "born again," the origin of "God is love," or the identity of the "antichrist"? These are some of the topics we'll be discussing during a six-week study of the First Epistle of St. John. Facilitated by George Harper.
- Pilgrimage Preparation Class (Morrison Hall) - In this six-week series, those who will participate in our 2017 pilgrimage to England will receive both logistical details of our travels and also an orientation to the sites we will be visiting. Others are welcome to attend.
For more information on class offerings and their locations, please visit the Formation section on our website.
Thursday at Trinity Cathedral:
Opportunity for Service
We need help sealing and labeling the May Message at 1:30 p.m. Contact Josiah Wheeler if you'd like to help, email@example.com.
Women of Trinity are invited to fellowship at the home of Sissi Brandon at 5:00 p.m. in the Riverbend Condominium, first street North of Verizon office buildings. Turn right off of Riverfront Drive and left past first house once inside gates (Maggie Dearnly was hostess last year and she lives in the same complex). Guests are asked to bring an appetizer and/or a bottle of wine, but is not necessary.
Contact Sissi Brandon, 831-1091
Prayer Service on the Eve of Execution
If the scheduled execution takes place on Thursday, we will have a brief ecumenical service at 6:00 p.m., followed by a candlelight vigil in the Cathedral culminating in the toll of bells.
Saturday at Trinity Cathedral:
Acolyte Festival Closing Eucharist
Acolyte Festival closing Eucharist will be held this Saturday, April 29 at 5:00 p.m. Please join us in support of acolyte programs from around the state. The children and youth will have participated in workshops all day to learn how to serve at the altar. Everyone is invited to the service.
Sunday at Trinity Cathedral:
Preaching this Sunday: The Very Rev. Dr. Christoph Keller, III
Sunday Adult Formation:
- The Dean's Class will be led by author Hope Norman Coulter of Hendrix College. She will discuss “Poems for the Pilgrimage.”
- Living the Questions will join the Dean's Class followed by 10 minutes of discussion in the Staff Lounge.
- Foundations in Christian Faith: The Spring Adult Confirmation Class will meet in the Cathedral House Conference Room at 10:15 a.m. Bishop Benfield will be at Trinity for confirmation at the Feast of Pentecost, June 4. This class, taught by the Cathedral Clergy, is for adults preparing for baptism, confirmation, or renewal of their baptismal vows, and also for those who would like a tune-up or refresher in the basic beliefs and practices of Christians in the Anglican tradition.
- Parents Group will meet each Sunday at 10:15 a.m. in Lower Mitchell House. Looking for a place to share the joys and trials of parenting? Join us to share knowledge, be creative, and exchange ideas and strategies for parenting. This is a time to network, socialize, and encourage one another. Babies welcome! Feel free to join us anytime. Questions? Contact Mercedes Clements - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children's Formation meets at 10:10 a.m. for all ages. It's never too late to join. You can find more on Children's Formation here.
The Sip and See on April 30 is for the 5 most recent babies: Rose Charleton, Elizabeth Mitchell, James Gibson, Parker Gann, Miriam Holiday. No gifts. Just a chance for everyone to meet the babies all at once and for the moms to meet since their babies are all the same age. We will meet at 10:30 in the Parlor. Come love on a baby.
EYC will meet at Botsford House at 5:00 p.m.
Evensong will continue this Sunday at 4:00 p.m. in the Chancel. Immediately following Evensong, social time featuring British tea and other light refreshments will be held in Baker Parlor. A brief liturgy of Holy Communion will also be offered in the chapel after.
Monday at the Cathedral:
Church Directory Goes Online
Starting Monday, the church directory will be available online. Visit instantchurchdirectory.com for more information. Keep an eye out for an email explaining how you can access our online directory.
Next Tuesday at Trinity Cathedral:
Piano and the Three Sopranos
Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 7:00 p.m.
Sopranos Rosella Ewing, Stephanie Smittle, and Anna Squire join forces with world-renowned concert pianist Tatiana Roitman for an evening of vocal and piano works from the Gilded Age sung in French, English, and German: art songs by Duparc, Fauré, and Debussy, Samuel Barber's Hermit Songs, and the monumental and powerful Rückert-Lieder of Gustav Mahler, interspersed with a selection of Frederic Chopin's Waltzes for piano. This is certainly not a program to be missed. Tickets are $20 (free with student ID).